Who this book is for??
There may be question in your mind that who this book is for?? so below is it’s answer for you:
If you are an engineer or scientist who wants to create great visualizations with Python, rather than yet another specialized language, this is the book for you. While there are several very competent plotting packages, matplotlib is “just” a Python module. Thus, if you know some Python already, you will feel at home from the first steps on. In case you are an application writer, you won’t be left out since the integration of matplotlib is covered.
Books that can Help You
- Programming the Raspberry Pi: Getting Started with Python Purchase
- Python:Matplotlib Plotting Cookbook Purchase Or Win by playing Giveaway
- iOS 6 Programming Pushing the Limits Purchase
Overview on Matplotlib Plotting Cookbook
- Learn plotting with self-contained, practical examples that cover common use cases
- Build your own solutions with the orthogonal recipes
- Learn to customize and combine basic plots to make sophisticated figures
Language : English
Paperback : 222 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : March 2014
ISBN : 1849513260
ISBN 13 : 9781849513265
Author(s) : Alexandre Devert
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Application Development, Cookbooks, Open Source
What you will learn from this book??
- Discover how to create all the common plots you need
- Enrich your plots with annotations and sophisticated legends
- Take control of your plots and master colors, linestyle, and scales
- Add a dimension to your plots and go 3D
- Integrate your graphics into your applications
- Automate your work and generate a large batch of graphics
- Create interactive plots with matplotlib
- Combine your plots to create sophisticated visualizations
matplotlib is part of the Scientific Python modules collection. matplotlib provides a large library of customizable plots and a comprehensive set of backends. It tries to make easy things easy and hard things possible. You can generate plots, add dimensions to the plots, and also make the plots interactive with just a few lines of code with matplotlib. Also, matplotlib integrates well with all common GUI modules.
This book is a head-first, hands-on journey into matplotlib, the complete and definite plotting package for Python. You will learn about the basic plots, how to customize them, and combine them to make sophisticated figures. Along with basic plots, you will also learn to make professional scientific plots.
In this book, you will start with the common figures that are offered by most plotting packages. You will learn how to add annotations, and play with styles, colors, scales, and shapes so that you can add personality and visual punch to your graphics. You will also see how to combine several graphics. With this book you will learn how to create sophisticated visualizations with simple code. Finally, you can make your plots interactive.
After reading “matplotlib Plotting Cookbook”, you will be able to create the highest quality plots.
This book follows a cookbook style approach that puts orthogonal and non-redundant recipes in your hands. Rather than rehashing the user manual, the explanations expose the underlying logic behind matplotlib.