Here is a good news for all BBM ( BlackBerry Messenger) Lovers, new Privacy features update which is live by BBM BlackBerry Application for all Android, ios or windows device. Now you have control on what you send to your contacts.
New privacy update by BBM introduced message restriction and timer.
‘Retract’ a message to remove it from your BBM chat.
Some time on facebook and whatsapp we’ve all faced a problem of accidentally send a message to another person instead of right person , BBM BlackBerry messenger now improved it’s app and includes new feature to pull back your message . And I personally think that it has some thing new for BBM users , this features help you in not to feel sorry for wrong message.
Don’t you this kind of privacy ?? If you share someone a secret/ private message and have confusion in your mind that he/she can public your message , then you can pull back your message after she/he has seen it. Isn’t it good?? 😉
SEE ALSO : Snapchat’s Security break by Steven Hickson
Set how long contacts have access to messages on BBM
Oh!! great one more new feature but this time all snapchat‘s users know about it but surely they miss it in whatsapp or facebook messenger. So what’s that feature??
It is a Timer on message send by you.
oh!! but how it works ??
Just set how long your contacts have access to messages and pictures shared in chat. Isn’t it cool ??
But be aware it can’t stop users to take a screenshot of your pictures and messages .
Description of BBM BlackBerry Messanger
BBM brings you together in the moment with friends and family through instant chats, voice calls, picture sharing, voice notes and more. Download the official version of BBM from BlackBerry now.Chat with friends on Android, BlackBerry and iPhone:
• BBM is always on and always connected – no app to open
• Know when messages have been delivered (D’s) and read (R’s)
• Say ‘hello’ with BBM Voice – free voice calling between BBM Contacts*
• Quickly share photos, files, documents, voice notes and more
• Allow contacts to view your location live on a map, powered by Glympse*
• See when contacts are responding to your message
• Emoticons for every mood and emotion let you express yourself
With BBM, what you share is yours to control:
• Timed Messages: Set how long contacts have access to messages and pictures shared in a chat before it disappears from the screen.**
• Message Retraction: ‘Retract’ a message to remove it from your BBM chat.*
• You choose how to share your information – BBM uses PINs instead of phone numbers or email addresses so that it’s more private, and you always control who can contact you
• You choose your contacts – 2-way opt-in means you have control over who is able to message you
Chat and Share with many at once:
• Groups – BBM groups help you share pictures, lists, and appointments with group members. You can even be in a group with people who aren’t part of your own BBM contact list.
• Multi-person chats – Invite multiple contacts to have a chat together.
• Broadcast messages – Send a message to multiple BBM contacts at one time.
BBM Channels: Join conversations happening now about the things you love.
• Create a new channel to share your thoughts, ideas and passions.
• Subscribe to an existing BBM channel to join chats with others who share your interests.
Create your own BBM profile:
• Post a profile picture using images, pictures or even animated pictures (GIFs).
• Update your status to let people know what you’re up to or how you feel
Download BBM for free today.
Data charges may apply
While these features are designed to remove the message or picture the recipient’s BBM chat view, they do not prevent recipients from capturing an image of the content by taking a screenshot or using an image capture device. Retracting a message after it has been read by the recipient will remove the message from the BBM chat view, but will not affect copies of the message that the recipient may have made prior to the message being retracted.
*Note features not available on Android smartphones running 2.3.x (Gingerbread)