Online Learning is the best way of learning , in my point of view .Actually it has changed the way of learning .Traditional education system is great in other way, but learning online gives opportunity to people to learn themself without any limitation.
Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.
People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But the self is not something one finds, it is something one creates.
here are the few TEDTalk which will blow your mind , to think about this topic :
Sugata Mitra: Build a School in the Cloud (I love this video ,because it enhance my thinking about online learning and self teaching 🙂 )
Sugata Mitra talks about his Hole in the Wall project. Young kids in this project figured out how to use a PC on their own — and then taught other kids. He asks, what else can children teach themselves?
The head of edX, Anant Agarwal, makes the case that MOOCs still matter — as a way to share high-level learning widely.
These are the few video ,I watched recently there are many more.
“What we’re learning from online education”
Education’s largest problems can be grouped into two categories: access and effectiveness. It has become widely accepted that online learning can help solve both of these problems. A numbers of studies have been published that show online learning can be as effective as in the classroom, and hybrid classroom/online models can be more powerful than just the classroom.
Access : Mooc and all the open free courses from leading universities are one of the biggest innovations. It means that everyone who wants to learn can learn.Whatever we want to learn such as how to play guitar , how to sing /dance etc ,we can search in google and we’ll get good websites to learn this . It means that now the knowledge is accessible to everyone in the world. This is fantastic!
Effectiveness : The quality of education or learning anything is also impressive in online learning , just we have to find a good site . There are so many options and variations that you need to really devote a lot of time to research and study to get a comprehensive answer for your question.
The Stanford scientists said they were focused on going beyond early Internet education efforts, which frequently involved uploading online videos of lectures given by professors and did little to motivate students to do the coursework required to master subjects.
Broad trends in education technology include:
- Social networking : Peer-to-peer education companies aim to democratize both teaching and learning by providing a platform for anyone to teach or learn anything from anyone.
- Mobile learning
- Adaptive learning: engines are intelligent programs that start to understand what students know and don’t know and what types of content and modalities they respond to. They serve content that’s more and more specific to the student, building on what they know and repeating what you have trouble with.
- Flipped classroom
- MOOCs :A massive open online course is a course where the participants are distributed and course materials also are dispersed across the web. This is possible only if the course is open, and works significantly better if the course is large. The course is not a gathering, but rather a way of connecting distributed instructors and learners across a common topic or field of discourse.
- Data centric learning (including adaptive learning)
- Tutoring Services : Many companies are focused on placing tutors or experts based on online matching (see Social Learning above) or real-life tutor networks.
- Personalized learning (ie one to one and more adaptation)
- Virtual schools
- Innovations in process of learning (i.e. blended learning).
Criteria for selecting course(s)
It depends on three factors:
- What subject/skill do you want to study/learn?
- Your qualification on that subject/skill?
- What are you aiming for ?
The following are key questions to ask when making your decision. The online learning program should provide answers to these:
- What will the class or classes be like? Do you know as much about each course as you would know about those offered at your school as you would for any class or educational program? Do you know about the prerequisites, syllabus, workload, credit, and ability to transfer credits?
- What will the teacher be like? Do you know anything about his/her reputation or background? Are there any teacher evaluations you can review?
- What kinds of support will be offered? Do you know how to access counseling, guidance, disability services, or technical support services that you may need in the online course? Is tutoring or academic support offered and how is it delivered?
- How will communication work? Do you know how to contact the online teacher when you have concerns and questions?
- What’s expected of you? Is there a students’ rights and responsibilities statement for the course or program? Is there a sample course you can view with example lessons, assignments, and teacher/student communication tools?
Other questions may be more complex, and require other sources of information.
- Can you stay enrolled in your off-line program and just take a course or two online?
- Will you graduate from your current program or the online learning program?
- How does this online course or diploma impact your future plans?
Understand and think about these question , search in that online learning websites and get answers ,whichever site and course fit for your requirement choose that one.
- We have seen the biggest open and free courses with how a free course can get you a degree from the highest faculties in the world!
- I have seen Social Learning turning into fun through
- Instructors’ tool:
- online learning is more interesting with
There are so many websites, just google it and get your desire course. 🙂